Friday 15 November 2013

Rehearsal

 
These images are of key moments within my solo so far, some of which are motifs that are going to be developed to aid me when communicating my theme of 'home' and 'the bird leaving the nest'.
 
 --------------------------------------------------------------------


This image above shows me exposing my forearms, wrists, and palms which demonstrates vulnerability and pleading for help. It is part of a key motif that I am going to develop in various ways e.g. change of levels, facings etc.




Here I shoot my right arm forward with the dynamics including: sharp, sudden, weighted. This is to contrast the smooth fluent dynamics previously performed to show the struggle of emotions I have experienced from leaving home.


Here I am manipulating my one arm by pushing it over my torso which leads me into a roll on my sit bones to standing. The manipulation of limbs and other body parts also aids in communicating my theme as it shows the fight between myself on being at university (moving away) and being at home.



These images above are of an elevation that contrast with the previous floor work performed. This constant contrast in levels demonstrates the constant contrast in emotions and feelings I have experienced.
 


 
These two images are of another elevation performed in contrast to the floor work for the same reasons as the previous elevation. However, where the straddle jump is open to suggest again being open and vulnerable to pain and confusion, this jump is quite confined to suggest holding all these emotions inside and not showing any weakness.
 
 


The above 3 images are of a hop around to change my facing from downstage to upstage. Before this action takes place, I reduce my personal kinasphere by performing a distorted angular shape with my body, to then burst out with this hop; these contrasts all show the constant change in emotions, all whilst travelling along the set pathway from upstage left (home) to downstage right (moving away).

No comments:

Post a Comment