Monday 10 November 2014

Performance Project - Intensive Session - Day One 13/10/14

Day One with Fitzgerald and Stapleton

Above is the journal entry I made about the first intensive session with our choreographers: Fitzgerald and Stapleton for our performance project which will be show cased in December.

The task I am referring to is 'open practice' of where Fitzgerald and Stapleton first regurgitated some principles of Deborah Hay in order to achieve what was needed of us:

"What if where I am is what I need?"

"What if every cell in my body has the potential to perceive and surrender the uniqueness and originality of all that there is?"

"What if my perception is the dance?" 

This open practice was then the starting point of our performance which is choreography based upon Fitzgerald and Stapleton's original piece of 'The Work The Work'.

No comments:

Post a Comment