Wednesday 19 November 2014

Studio Practise 18/11/14

Today my spine felt cold, which I find effects my mobility; therefore I decided to use this as my main point of focus in the warm up of today's class with Andrea.

The new movement phrase we were taught today felt very beautiful and fluent to move through. Me and Abbie worked together in rehearsing it and found that we moved in similar ways, so that when we performed the phrase in unison, it has a lovely collective feeling with fluency and clarity.

The travelling phrases that we perform each week again felt very natural now in my muscle memory, however my feedback was very similar to the previous week of that I need to prepare less when beginning the phrases. I know that I do this a lot and it is something I am trying hard to leave behind me. New feedback for this week however was that I need more clarity in my arms during the travelling phrases to allow full extension and to show the journey that they take in each position of the phrase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment