Monday 10 November 2014

Performance Project - Intensive Session - Day Two 14/10/14

Day Two with Fitzgerald and Stapleton

Today I decided to test out my voice during open practise. I did it where it felt necessary as I was slightly apprehensive to do so yesterday, however, I felt that the use and variations of my breath were more effective for me than the use of voice. Today it was more of a natural need to try and experiment with new ways of moving and engaging with my "trillions of cells."

We spent a significant amount of time with a particular part of the score which we say out loud in three separate groups:

"The work the work the work the work, before final darkness, in language, some truth to find again before it can work. 
The work the work the work the work, before final darkness, a promised task borrowed and changed before it can work. 
The work the work the work the work, to allow us to think of ourselves as somewhere between points a and b for whatever points a and b represent.
And if not improving, at least changing and saving maybe a little of what we love." 

By going over the score and text even more today I have also understood it more which has enabled me to connect it with my movement further. After the lesson, however, I started to think more about the score and the quotes our choreographers used in reference to Deborah Hay, especially: "What if where I am is what I need." With how the choreographers express this, I feel as though it refers to environment of which I am in, and how can I get more out of it for what I need as a dancer in that space, in that time. On the other hand, I also feel that there is more too this, and I am going to explore this as a personal task to see if I can engage further or even let it claim a new context or reference for my own understanding and moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment