Monday 10 March 2014

Pilates 10/03/14

Today I began Pilates with good balance and focus, but not feeling particularly strong and therefore dreading some of the positions. However, I have been feeling more determined lately to overcome the points each of my movement studies teachers have been repeating to me e.g. in Katye's contact improvisation lessons I need to work on relaxing my jaw, and in Pilates I need to work on "quiet ribs" similar to what Natalie says to the whole class in Release-based contemporary. So in order to maintain these "quiet ribs" I need to engage my core more but drop my centre/pelvis, which was the feedback I got from Jane in Pilates. I found positions such as the 'plank' much easier than usual by working on these focus points.
Other points Jane mentioned to me was that I need to pretend that I am on the roller when performing some exercises such as the bicycle so that I maintain stability in my core, pelvis, and that my moving leg doesn't move my opposing hip. This visualisation of imagining myself on the roller helped my stability and allowed me to maintain the correct position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment