Thursday 6 March 2014

Skinner Releasing Technique 06/03/14

Before today's class began, I felt particularly tense and serious. However, as the lesson proceeded, I began to loosen and became really embodied in the tasks. 
We began with the idea of 'loose bones' which really allowed me to loosen my body, as well as my mind, and I was able to fully leave my problems at the door and concentrate on the 'now'. The 'loose leg dance' that developed from this allowed me to feel free, soft, and ready to explore. I felt like I was walking on water at one point during that 'dance' and therefore felt supple, delicate, but purposeful. 
The graphics bought my attention to places I often forget about: including their structure, weight, and assistance they apply to your body. I focused upon my skull and legs and realized through the graphics that we sometimes forget the movement these features can allow, but also how much care they deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment